Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

CSRS eligibility

Bookmark and Share

Q. I worked for the post office from 1980 to 1990 and then quit to attend grad school. Although I’ve since become successful, immediately after grad school I needed money and so withdrew it from my CSRS account. Will I be eligible to go back on CSRS if I return to federal service?
A. You will have the option of being covered by CSRS Offset (CSRS and Social Security) or FERS. The choice will be up to you.

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.