Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Withdrawn CSRS contributions

Bookmark and Share

Q. I left government service in 1995 and withdrew all of my CSRS contributions so I could start a business. I have never returned to federal service. I had over 15 years service including my military service time. Even though I withdrew my contributions, do I still have any pension available to me? Also, is it possible at this point to repay those contributions? I am now age 68.

A. No, you don’t have any pension benefits available to you. And the only way you could make a deposit to get credit for that time would be to return to work for the federal government.

Comments are closed.