Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Military service time

Bookmark and Share

Q. I served eight years in the Navy Reserve and was honorably discharged. How do those years count toward retirement if I become employed by a federal agency?

A. Only time where you were called to active duty in the service of the U.S. would be creditable, and then only if you made a deposit for that time.


Comments are closed.