Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Annuity payments

Bookmark and Share

Q. I have been receiving a monthly annuity payment after the death of my husband 3½ years ago. Would it be possible to receive the balance in a lump sum now, or do I have to continue getting the monthly payments?

A. You have to continue receiving the monthly payments. There is no provision in law that would allow you to receive a lump-sum payment.

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!