Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

W-2 or 1099?

Bookmark and Share

Q. I retired from the federal government in late 2012. This is my first full year retired. Will I receive a W-2? Or is the 1099 used instead?

A. Because you are a retiree, you’ll only receive a 1099.

Comments are closed.