Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

State taxes

Bookmark and Share

Q. I am going to be a retired CSRS employee. The Postal Service does not take state taxes out of the CSRS retirement check. How do I go about paying my state taxes?

A. There is a section of the retirement application where you can designate the amount of deductions you want taken out of your annuity for federal and state taxes. If you want to change the amount of your withholdings after you retire, you can call the Office of Personnel Management at 1-888-768-6738, and they’ll take care of that for you.

Comments are closed.