Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Locality pay

Bookmark and Share

Q. If a civil servant moves after retirement into an area with a higher locality pay (i.e., the rest of U.S. to the Boston area), do their retirement benefits adjust to meet the need of living in the new area?

A. No.


  1. CSRS-Offset Retiree Says:
    January 16th, 2014 at 8:08 pm

    They say that there are no dumb questions, but really, this one takes the cake!