Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Reserve time and military buyback

Bookmark and Share

Q. If an employee didn’t receive DD-214s for reserve duty, how does he get reserve time calculated to buy it back?

A. Reserve duty isn’t creditable service for retirement purposes, so an employee can’t buy it back. He can only get credit for active-duty service, which is normally documented on one or more DD-214s.

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!