Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Deferred retirement

Bookmark and Share

Q. I was involuntarily separated by base closure and realignment in 1996 with 11 years of service. My minimum retirement age is 56. Can I begin my annuity at age 56 with a penalty?

A. Yes, you can. The penalty would be 5 percent for every year (5/12 percent per month) that you are under age 62.

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!