Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Contact info for benefits

Bookmark and Share

Q. Can you give me an address where I can check to see if I am eligible for any type of benefits through my deceased spouse? He worked for about 10 years with the Postal Service and several years with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. I do not remember his grade level. He passed away in 2009 and I have been told there are probably benefits that I can draw from, but I do not know whom to contact.

A. Write to:

Office of Personnel Management

Retirement Operations Center

P.O. Box 45

Boyers, PA 16017-0045

Provide them with your late husband’s full name, date of birth, date of death, Social Security number and approximate dates he worked for the Postal Service and FDIC.

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!