Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Creditable service

Bookmark and Share

Q. Can Peace Corps volunteer service prior to Dec. 31, 1986, be combined with other potentially creditable service to meet the five years required to be converted to CSRS Offset on Jan. 1, 1987?

A. No. You need to have had five years of actual CSRS service.

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!