Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

40-year pin

Bookmark and Share

Q. I joined the Delayed Entry Program (Army Reserve) on March 13, 1973. I entered active duty on Aug. 21, 1973. I have not had a break in service since then. I went to work for the civil service while on transition leave in May 2003. What date am I eligible for my 40-year pin?

A. If you are referring to a pin for 40 years of civilian service, you won’t be eligible for one until May of 2043. Your active-duty service doesn’t count, even if you were to make a deposit to get credit for it.

Comments are closed.