Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Retirement eligibility

Bookmark and Share

Q. I am 62 years old with eight years of service under FERS. I left FERS employment at age 60. Am I eligible for any FERS retirement?

A. If you didn’t receive a refund of your retirement contributions, you are eligible for a deferred annuity now. Go to, click on Forms, download a copy of OPM Form 1496A, fill it out and send it to the Office of Personnel Management.

Comments are closed.