Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Retirement options

Bookmark and Share

Q. I am 50 years old and leaving federal service as of July 1 after 19 years. I am familiar with the Thrift Savings Plan rules for rollover or withdrawal, but I wanted to know options for my FERS.

A. If you leave your contributions in the retirement fund, you can apply for a deferred annuity at age 62.

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!