Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

FERS retirement eligibility

Bookmark and Share

Q. I left federal service after 10 years under FERS. I cashed out my Thrift Savings Plan. Can I still get retirement?

A. If you didn’t take a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, you could apply for a deferred annuity at age 62. Alternatively, you could ask for a refund of your retirement contributions and cancel that entitlement to an annuity.

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!