Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Retirement funds of deceased spouse

Bookmark and Share

Q. My deceased wife was a FERS employee for 15 years before resigning.

She passed away four years ago. I rolled over her TSP into mine. (I am retired CSRS.) I did not claim her contribution to FERS. Will I receive any of her retirement annuity once she would have become eligible to retire?

A. No. However, you would be entitled to receive a refund of her retirement contributions if she did not take a refund of those contributions when she resigned.

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!