Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Social Security without enough quarters

Bookmark and Share

Q. I retired from the USPS on a regular retirement of 36 years of service 10 years ago. I have worked a few jobs since and was recently in a car wreck, and I am now disabled. I was working when I got disabled.

I am 65 and have not paid in enough to draw Social Security, but since I am now disabled and am like four quarters short of my required amount to draw Social Security, can I get Social Security disability along with my federal retirement?

A. No.

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.