Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Annual leave

Bookmark and Share

Q. I am joining the Air Force this summer after four years of Defense Department civil service. Will I be able to take a lump-sum payment for my accumulated annual leave, or will I have to allow my annual leave to roll over to my new Air Force position?

A. Your annual leave isn’t transferable. Assuming that you are separating from the civilian government, you’ll receive a lump sum payment for your unused annual leave.

Tags: , ,


  1. Fred Says:
    January 22nd, 2013 at 5:44 am

    Just to clarify, the above answer assumes you are going to be active duty Air Force, not a DoD civilian working for the USAF.