Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Military disability

Bookmark and Share

Q. I know that if the military loses membership due to medical reasons, they get processed out on the technician side and apply for the 60/40. If I am a federal civilian technician and I become medically unable to return to work, am I eligible for the same 60/40 disability? I am just curious about my entitlements since I have been out of work medically almost 6 months.

A. You would have to apply for disability retirement.

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!