Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

Credit for National Guard and Reserve time

Bookmark and Share

Q. I have bought my active-duty time back. Is annual training with the National Guard and Reserve applicable toward federal retirement if you buy it back?

A. If you were called to active duty for training (ANACDUTRA) while employed by the federal government, you’ve already received credit for it and no deposit is required. If it occurred before you were employed by the federal government, you would have to make a deposit to get credit for it.

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!