Ask The Experts: Retirement

By Reg Jones

RIF, DSA and unemployment benefits

Bookmark and Share

Q: If I am eligible for a discontinued service annuity and I am separated due to a reduction in force, would I be eligible to receive unemployment benefits in addition to the DSA?

A: Probably not, but you’ll have to check with your state employment security agency to be sure.

Tags: , , , , ,


  1. Jen Says:
    April 13th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

    I would think he/she might be able to get unemployment, you have to be actively looking for another job however.