Ask The Experts: Money Matters

By Mike Miles

Lump sum, earned income

Bookmark and Share

Q. I’ll retire under FERS at the end of this year. Will the lump-sum payment for annual leave that I’ll receive early in 2015 would be considered earned income for the purposes of being able to contribute to my non-TSP Roth IRA?

A. No.

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!