Ask The Experts: Money Matters

By Mike Miles

TSP and defined retirement benefits

Bookmark and Share

Q. My former spouse retired from the military after 23 years and immediately started his FERS job. I was married when he started his new federal position, then 12 days later, he asked for a separation. Two years have passed and we just became legally divorced. Am I entitled to former spouse defined retirement plans and Thrift Savings Plan 401(k). If so, where can I locate this under CFR?

A. Your share of his TSP account was determined as part of your divorce settlement or decree.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments are closed.