Ask The Experts: Money Matters

By Mike Miles

RMD at 70 1/2 if still working?

Bookmark and Share

Q. I am a FERS employee who will turn 70 in September. I fully expect to be working at 70½. Will I be required to take the minimum withdrawal from my Thrift Savings Plan account if I’m still working?

A. As long as you are still working for the federal government, distributions from your TSP account will not be required.

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!