Ask The Experts: Money Matters

By Mike Miles

Military buyback with TSP funds?

Bookmark and Share

Q. What types of funds can be used to buy back military service time (nonqualified, qualified, Thrift Savings Plan account funds, IRA funds)?

A. Only after-tax money can be used, so you can’t use TSP, IRA or 401(k) money for this unless you withdraw it and pay the tax bill first.

Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!