Ask The Experts: Money Matters

By Mike Miles

Contribution limits for partial years

Bookmark and Share

Q. My husband will be retiring in June 2014. He will turn 50 in March 2014. Can we still contribute the full $17,500 plus $5,500 catch-up (I realize next year contribution limits may increase) even if he is only in for half a year?

A. Yes, as long as his pay will support the deferrals. The limits are not adjusted for partial years.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments are closed.