Ask The Experts: Money Matters

By Mike Miles

Overseas deposit

Bookmark and Share

Q. I am looking to establish residency abroad after retirement, either in France or Germany. Is there any guidance on direct deposit of FERS and Social Security annuities, and Thrift Savings Plan distribution, to foreign banks?

A. Direct deposits from your TSP account can only be made only to financial institutions in the United States.


Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

PLEASE NOTE! Do not submit ANY questions via the Comments form. Instead, please send your questions directly to Questions submitted via the Comments form will NOT be answered!